I first saw the recipe for this remarkably easy dish on YouTube, I’ll link the video for those of you interested in the original.
But the thing is, I can’t eat Panchetta. I’m a ‘Mozlem’ you see. Well for that matter, I wouldn’t even wanna eat raw egg as is in the recipe. So one fine day, I set to try it, tweaking it along the way to make it stick as close to the original as possible. Here is my version of the carbonara, halal and ‘cooked’.
What you’ll need:
100 gms chicken (boneless)
1 Portion spaghetti
1/4 cup grated cheese
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt, pepper and oregano to taste
How to Proceed:
- Boil the spaghetti al dente.
- Stir fry finely diced chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Mix together, the cheese, egg, and parsley together.
- In the pan you use to stir fry the chicken, add 1 large spoonful of the spaghetti water and the drained spaghetti. Cook for a minute.
- Lower the flame and add the cheese and egg mix while stirring continuously. The stirring help the egg cook but not scramble.
- Serve topped with a few shavings of cheese.
It really is an easy to make, comforting dish liked by everyone. Try it then let me know!